At Balladen we understand that art allows pupils to think creatively and develop their ideas. This subject offers pupils a chance to use creative thinking and have experiences of working with different media and art materials. Our school is committed to nurturing pupils’ curiosity and creativity.
By teaching art, we aim to help pupils:
- Develop their design and making skills.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of design.
- Use a wide range of tools and materials.
- Learn about working safely and using protective measures.
- Work individually and collaborate with other pupils in a variety of contexts.
- Develop the capability to create products of a high standard through skills and understanding.
- Evaluate art, produced by themselves, their peer groups and external companies.
- Explore the man-made world and encourage discussion of how we live and work within it.
- Become creative thinkers and learners, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Learn how to draw, paint, sculpture and create art.
- Have opportunities to study the work of other artists.
- Evaluate their work and the work of their peers, as well as other artists.
We will be teaching art through our topic work. We will celebrate children’s ideas and pieces of work by displaying artwork in our classrooms, to a high standard.