At Balladen Community Primary School we intend to develop pupils who:
- Are willing to practise skills in a range of different activities and situations, alone, in small groups and in teams, and to apply these skills in chosen activities to achieve exceptionally high levels of performance;
- Have a keen interest in PE - a willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson, highly positive attitudes and the ability to make informed choices about engaging fully in extracurricular sport
- Lead a healthy lifestyle which is achieved by eating sensibly, being aware of the dangers of drugs, smoking and alcohol and exercising regularly
- Are able to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and have an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being;
- Take the initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done to improve, and motivating and instilling excellent sporting attitudes in others;
- Employ imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography
- Are able to improve their own and others’ performance
- Can swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and know how to remain safe in and around water.
Competitive School Sport
In partnership with Rossendale School Sport, we aim to deliver a year-round, broad programme of school sport and competition.